Re: [SOLVED] fluxbox window buttons lost after move to testing

Tyler Smith <tyler.smith@eku.edu> writes:

> Javier Vasquez <j.e.vasquez.v@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 7:17 PM, Tyler Smith <tyler.smith@eku.edu> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I upgraded fluxbox on the weekend:
>>> [UPGRADE] fluxbox 1.1.1+dfsg2-1 -> 1.1.1+git20100908.df2f51b-2
>>>
>>> and now the window decorations don't show the min/max/close buttons. It
>>> doesn't matter which style I use, my own custom style or any of the
>>> packaged styles.
>>>

>> Could you try moving .fluxbox to .fluxbox.old, and see if defaults work?
>
> That fixed it! Strange, though, as I don't recall changing anything in
> my config files that I'd expect to have this kind of effect. At least I
> know where to start looking now.

Found it. Somehow, the variable session.screen0.defaultDeco got set to
6, when it should have been 32. Meaning, by default windows will have no
decoration, but I can toggle the title bar up to get to a close button.
In the case of my R graphics windows, I had to set the [Deco] option to
33 in the apps file to have them open with the only decoration being the
title bar plus close button.

Must of been something I did, but I can't remember when or why. Not
enough sleep I guess.

Thanks again,

Tyler