Re: squeeze-proposed-updates contains lenny packages

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote the following on 11.02.2011 22:55

Hello

-- <snip package listing> --

>> Is this a bug and should be reported or this intentionally?
>
> "lenny" in the version string is usually an indicator that the package was
> built in the lenny environment instead of the default (unstable) environment.

That is why it made me wonder. This and given it was just today that a quite
large number of those packages appeared at once.

I've downloaded the Packages.bz2 from {squeeze,lenny}-proposed-updates and
compared those:

$ sed '{/Version/!d ; /lenny/!d}' Packages-squeeze-proposed-updates | wc -l
233

$ sed '{/Version/!d ; /lenny/!d}' Packages-lenny-proposed-updates | wc -l
231

> It doesn't immediately indicate that the package is inappropriate for
> Squeeze.
>
> In this case, it is probably an upload that was scheduled before the Lenny ->
> Squeeze transition but finished after the transition.  At least one security
> update has done this and is currently being repackaged for oldstable.  It's
> possible it also happened with something that was targeting stable-proposed-
> updates.
>
> This package won't cause any problems where it is at, so a bug is not
> appropriate for it being present in squeeze-proposed-updates.  However, if
> you think this should appear in lenny-proposed-updates and it isn't there,
> you should make sure the maintainer is notified.

Now how to find out those 2 packages which are in squeeze-proposed-updates but
not in lenny-proposed-updates?

If i understand you correctly the debian workflow is to upload all
stable-updates to s-p-u and then the SRM moves those to o-p-u afterwards?
If so then i think there is no need to worry for me anymore because previously i
thought those two flavours were separated.

Thanks.
--
bye Thilo

4096R/0xC70B1A8F
721B 1BA0 095C 1ABA 3FC6  7C18 89A4 A2A0 C70B 1A8F