Problems with IceApe page rendering

Hi

I am encountering problems with the way IceApe is rendering pages.

1. There are no graphics on any page I load
2. I usually have 3 homepages when starting IceApe, only 2 pages are opened (1 with no graphics, and the second is Google), but the 3rd (newscientist) doesn't open at all - no text, etc., at all. 3. When attempting to refresh a page, the page will not be refreshed - i.e. nothing happens at all, not even the "throbber" (?) rotates. 4. I removed Gnash because it was sucking up all of my CPU and even though I replaced this with the nonfree-plugin this doesn't appear to influence the way IceApe is doing things.

How can I fix this please? If you want more detail, am happy to provide but not sure what would be helpful to you to help me.

Thanks for any assistance.

AG