Re: Iceweasel Flash lost after upgrade (but Chrome still works)

On Wed, 09 Feb 2011 10:05:57 +0000, Alan Chandler wrote:

> I have just upgraded to Wheezy (as default) from Squeeze but I also have
> experimental and unstable repositories available as main and non-free
>
> I actually have iceweasel 3.6 installed from experimental (as I did
> before the upgrade)
>
> However during the process I have lost the ability to play flash video
> in the browser.
>
> I tried dpkg-reconfigure flashplugin-nonfree, which downloaded a version
> of the flashplayer, but then promptly failed with a checksum error.
>
> Despite that Chrome still works, its just that iceweasel doesn't
>
> Any ideas how to fix?

You can get the file manually from Adobe site and drop it into the
plugins folder.

Flash Player is just one "*.so" file that you can fetch from whatever
location you prefer (some people like keep the flash plugin in sync with
repo updates and use "non-free" but I prefer to use Adobe's own file,
from my POV is easier to manage).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón