Re: Wheezy is up and running.

On 2011-02-07 08:45, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
You all know by know that Squeeze has been released, thank you Debian
Developers, now starts the development of the next Debian release,
Wheeze, just change the sources.list from squeeze to wheeze and
dist-upgrade, 369 upgrades for me.

Ah, yes, I am on Squeeze with Ext4 now. There are some bugs left, mainly with non-free packages I cannot dismiss for hardware reasons, but in general it seems that Squeeze is very good. Though I feel bored - terribly bored. Since Testing came up in Potatoe days I aways used Testing, explicitly and intentionally staying with it also while Debian made a new stable release. This time, around Christmas I installed Squeeze on my new Computer and also changed the sources.list on my old one from Testing to Squeeze, and now there are days after days without any upgrade - how deadly boring that is!

I thought I should stay with Squeeze until the new X comes out and the first one or two weeks of use in Wheeze/Testing are over. Such weeks have been always the ones when using Testing was especially adventu- rous. Now I am afraid I can't stand it that long.

Does somebody have an idea when the new X will come into Testing?

Hans

--
- li.vog@schwaz.net aktzeptiert nur Mails, die im "TO:"-header eine von mir abonnierte Liste nennen. - li.vog@schwaz.net accepts only postings naming a list subscribed by me in their "TO:"-header. - li.vog@schwaz.net accetta solo messaggi con una lista sottoscritta di me in "TO:"-header.