Re: VMware Converter equivalent

Hi,
i have converted  any Windows XP based Acer PC to VirtualBox VMs using Disk2VHD (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/ee656415), but after i have replaced all hal*.dll in windows\system32 for start the machine.

you could to try CloneZilla LiveCD yet.

Da: "Mathieu Malaterre" <mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com>
A: "List Debian User" <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Inviato: Mercoledì, 9 febbraio 2011 10:05:10
Oggetto: VMware Converter equivalent

Hi all,

  I recently bought a laptop with a microsoft windows 7 OEM OS. I
would like to convert into a virtual machine for later use in
VirtualBox.

* I tried using restore DVD, but upon installation within VirtualBox
it keeps on claiming an insane amount of disk space for installation
* I tried using VMWare Converter but the software fails miserably
during conversion (around 1% progress).

  Does anyone knows of any other alternatives software to convert a
physical machine to a virtual one ?

Thank you
--
Mathieu