Re: docx, openoffice, squeeze

Greg Madden <gomadtroll@gci.net> writes:

> On Monday 07 February 2011 04:28:39 pm Andreas Goesele wrote:
>> Rene Engelhard <rene@debian.org> writes:
>> > Forget odf-converter and use what is in Go-OO 3.2.1 properly (that's
>> > what we ship)?
>>
>> Does that mean that openoffice as shipped with squeeze should be able to
>> open docx-files without any addon? Problem is, in my case this doesn't
>> happen. Or is there some additional tool I would have to install? (I
>> tried jodconverter, but without success.)
>
> I would look at other solutions or causes. .docx has the same support on Squeeze
> as Lenny. all built in , not add-ons.

What would be the best strategy to find out about the causes of the
problem?

Google shows that I'm not alone with my problem, but I didn't find a
solution ... (For instance some people with amd64-systems and squeeze
seemed to need the odf-converter ... only it worked for them:
http://www.pc-freak.net/blog/open-microsoft-office-2007-docx-files-in-amd64-debian-squeeze-sid-unstable-with-odf-converter-integrator/)

Thanks again

Andreas Gösele

--
Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur et non datur,
nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est.