Re: Booting from Squeeze iso possible?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Booting from Squeeze iso possible?
- From: Brian <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 20:11:30 +0000
- Message-id: <20110207201130.GR32679@desktop>
- In-reply-to: <1297074043.5951.0@compax>
- References: <1297074043.5951.0@compax>
On Mon 07 Feb 2011 at 11:20:43 +0100, Klistvud wrote:
> I am currently downoading the Squeeze iso (specifically, the
> debian-6.0.0-amd64-DVD-1.iso) and was wondering: is there a simple way
> of booting directly from the iso image file without having to actually
> burn it to a blank DVD? Like chainloading the iso from GRUB2 or
> something along that line?
One way. To a usb stick:
cat <iso> /dev/sdX
Does it work for you?