new first for Sid

aptitude safe-upgrade breaks/hangs with the following...

patch (2.6.1-1) unstable; urgency=low

  The options -U --unified-reject-files and --global-reject-file have now been
  removed.

 -- Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org>  Sun, 06 Feb 2011 20:17:11 +0100

/tmp/tmpwB77U9 (END)

I've not seen anything like this in my 6 years of running Debian. I
keep a install of Sid around in a VM (VBox) to track the progress of
Debian.

Hopefully I'm not the only one blind sided by this. Understandably
there will be all sorts of nonsense directly after a release, but this
is a first.

I'm curious how this problem even hit Sid. I thought everything was
passed through a system (forget the name) to ensure updates build
properly on end users?