Re: Skype

On Seg, 07 Fev 2011, Raffaele Morelli wrote:
Hi,
I wonder if anyone of you is currently using skype on debian amd64 and which
app are you using. I would prefer not to install ia32-* stuffs as suggested
by http://wiki.debian.org/skype

Since neither the source nor actual 64-bit binaries are provided by the company that provides Skype, the only way to use it is installing 32-bit libraries.

You could also try downloading the statically linked version (if it still exists), but it is not a .deb and thus not integrated with the packaging system.

--
Azh nazg durbatal^uk, azh nazg gimbatul,
Azh nazg thrakatal^uk agh burzum ishi krimpatul!

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br