Re: Wireless Intel Centrino 6300 + Debian netinstall

Now I have problems with D-Bus & Debian Authenticity security, my god, "Timed OUT"
 amongst other things.
On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 11:00 AM, Darren Gmail <dazdaz@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, I am having some problems in getting my wlan (Intel Centrino 6300
AGN) to work on a T510 with Debian 6.0.

The 6300 does work under Windows... So there does'nt appear to be a
hardware defect, it's just a software configuration issue.

I have wrote (debian-6.0.0-amd64-netinst.iso) to a USB key along with
the binary firmware, iwlwifi-6000-4.ucode from
http://intellinuxwireless.org/iwlwifi/d ... 21.4.1.tgz

I have copied iwlwifi-6000-4.ucode into the root of the USB drive and
also into /firmware but I am not sure if it's being read or if there
is another problem.

The key boots, but does'nt find the firmware.  What is the exact path
and file which should be wrote to the USB drive which is usinf FAT32.

When the netinstaller boots up, I configure the primary network interface:

I select wlan0: Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 (Wireless)

Searching for wireless access points..

Wireless ESSID for wlan0: I enter this case sensitively

Then the WPA key (s:passphrase) (case sensitively)

Configuring the network with DHCP.........

Network autoconfiguration failed...

Note my router is set to use WPA2 Personal, TKIP+AES, could this be
the issue ? Could the wireless software only support WEP and not WPA2
Personal ?

I dont think that iwlist/iwconfig exists on the USB bootable key, else
I would try a few more things. Does Debian use the ansi tool, netcfg
to configure all of the networking, I could'nt see any command line
options.

A workaround would be to install from DVD and then to add the Debian
package firmware-iwlwifi but it'd be so cool to see a network
installation just work like it should with this wireless hardware.

How can I easily debug this.  If this wireless adapter is too
troublesome, which USB wireless adapter would you suggest that I
purchase which does not involve firmware loading and has native kernel
support.

Thanks