Re: How to find (and remove) all installed recommended packages

In <[🔎] 20110131083558.GH22395@think.homelan>, Andrei Popescu wrote:
>On Du, 30 ian 11, 17:56:15, S D wrote:
>> Is there a way to find all recommended packages that were
>> automatically installed? It appears aptitude now installs recommended
>> packages by default.
>
>Try setting:
>
>    APT::Install-Recommends false;
>
>If you're lucky aptitude or/and 'apt-get autoremove' will offer to
>remove them from your.

That APT configuration variable only affect *installation*.  If you want to
encourage *auto-removal* you need to fiddle with a different one:
APT::AutoRemove::RecommendsImportant false;
If you use aptitude, you may need instead to use:
Aptitude::Keep-Recommends false;

Post-Squeeze, the first will affect APT and Aptitude.  Pre-Squeeze the last
will affect Aptitude but I don't know exactly how to affect APT.