Re: putting "/tmp" to memory help

On Sun, 30 Jan 2011, T o n g wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 23:01:09 -0500, Celejar wrote:
> >> I've given up on s2ram, the kernel method (echo mem > /sys/power/state)
> >> works fine for me, at least with Kernel Mode Setting.
> >
> > I just tried that method.  At first, it seemed to work wonderfully -
> > system seemed to come back up, screen working, but then it went somewhat
> > haywire . . .
>
> That's why there are so many wrapper tools that take care of such end
> cases.
>
> There are only 2 reasons why a bare-minimum kernel method work form
> someone, a) he is luckier than the guy wining the 649 ticket, or, b) ...

or b) he uses embedded hardware which the kernel knows how to deal with
fully.

Actually, with KMS, my thinkpad (a T43/p) with a X300 radeon actually
*needs* one to remove all hacks like acpi_sleep=s3_mode,s3_bios.  Non-KMS
X.org (as found in Lenny) needs it, while KMS X.org (as found in squeeze)
will croak if you do that.

  Henrique Holschuh