Re: How to find (and remove) all installed recommended packages

On 31/01/11 01:56, S D wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to find all recommended packages that were automatically installed? It appears aptitude now installs recommended packages by default.
>
> Thanks

My understanding of the Aptitude package management system is that once
you have installed a package which has recommended dependencies and you
later remove the package which sucked in the extra packages, it is
possible to remove the packages which are not required by issuing:
  apt-get autoremove

--

elbbit