Re: iptables/routing network problem

On Jan 30, 10:20 pm, geertsky <bege...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 30, 4:50 pm, Mihira Fernando <mihirathe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On 01/30/2011 08:48 PM, geertsky wrote:
>
> > > Hello,
> > > I'm having a wierd problem I cannot solve...
> > > I have a pptp connection from my house to my server using
> > > 192.168.2.0/24 range ip's
> > > I ḿ trying to make mysql access able from the 192.168.2.0/24 network.
> > > On the server I've got ufw firewall so I state "ufw insert 4 allow
> > > proto tcp from 192.168.2.0/24 to 192.168.2.1 port 3306"
> > > [snip]
>
> > > Apparently there is somewhere in the os a rule which disables access
> > > to port 3306, but it's not a iptables rule...
> > > Does anyone have a idea what apart from iptables controls network
> > > traffic?
> > > Thanks cause I'm completely lost...
>
> > > Greetings,
> > > Geert
>
> > Maybe a stupid question but have you enabled network access in the MySQL
> > server settings so that MySQL will actually accept connections over the
> > network ?
>
> > Mihira.
>
> > --
>
> Hi Mihira,
> I'm not trying connecting to mysql, well not with the tests atleast...
> I'm using netcat to try to make a connection to port 3306 and that
> even fails...
>
> Greetings,
> Geert
>
> --

Ok, am a bit further now...
So I found out it's the pptp connection who is malicious configured
somehow...
I have other pptp conections also listening on that server and a
connection over one of the other pptp servers succeeds!
Still very strange though... why only the port 3306 is infected by
this...
Anyways... I'll look into it maybe tomorrow or something and I'll
report what I mis configured...

If anyone has suggestions I'm happy to hear it!

Greetings,
Geert