Re: APC ES-550 almost works perfectly

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 16:41:53 -0500, Curt Howland wrote:

(...)

> Anyway, it almost works perfectly. The unit physically works just fine,
> the apcupsd is (as far as I can tell) configured correctly, it shuts
> down the system I have on it in good order, but the shutdown command to
> the UPS itself never completes. The UPS doesn't deactivate, so the
> monitor I have plugged into it will totally drain the battery if power
> fails and I'm not around to push the on-off button myself.

Hum... this document may help:

http://www.apcupsd.org/manual/manual.html#full-power-down-test

In brief, ensure that your UPS (by means of apcupsd configuration file)
is configured to run a complete shutdown at the desired time and not to
wait until the batteries are almost empty.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón