gdm and /etc/X11/Xsession.d

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 15:27:32 +0000, T o n g wrote:

>>> Forgot to stress that the script works just fine.
>>
>> The scripts in /etc/X11/Xsession.d/ are sourced by Xsession, not
>> executed. Try sourcing your script from another file and see if it
>> still works.
>
> Thanks for the reply.
> Yes, it still works. What else can I troubleshoot this?

Just realized that it's more a gdm issue than a /etc/X11/Xsession.d/
issue, because further troubleshooting reveals that none of the files
under /etc/X11/Xsession.d/ are executed when gdm starts X.

Is it so? Can somebody confirm this?

What should I do to start an app when X starts, which is started by gdm,
even before a user logs in?

thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)