Re: 7zr compress include subdirs?

On 01/27/2011 10:28 PM, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Hi,

Trying to use 7zr, used example 1 from the man:

7zr a -t7z -m0=lzma -mx=9 -mfb=64 -md=32m -ms=on archive.7z dir1

But my 'dir1' has subdirs and they are empty when I expand 'archive.7z'.

I note a -r flag but with the warning:

-r[-|0]
Recurse subdirectories (CAUTION: this flag does not do what you think,
avoid using it)

Anybody know how to include the subdirs as subdirs in the compressed
archive?

Hugo

Hi,
this works for me:
$ 7z a -mx=9 directory.7z  directory

And that include all sub directories and files.

I'm avoiding extra flags except password because few times I couldn't extract on friends box who also have Debian.

--
Bye,
Goran Dobosevic