Re: display off center

on 10:45 Thu 27 Jan, shawn wilson (ag4ve.us@gmail.com) wrote:
> my display is shifted to the right about 2 inches - this is x windows and
> console. i'm guessing there's a getty setting or something to fix this or
> it's a video card / driver issue? the screen's osd won't allow me to shift
> it anymore (it was off ~4 inches).
>
> 08:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G73 [GeForce 7600 GS]
> (rev a1)

I'd guess it's monitor.  You don't mention the hardware involved.  Is
this an external monitor (CRT or LCD/flatscreen), or an integrated
(e.g.: laptop) display?

You can adjust X11 modeline values to shift the display, though that's
pretty old-school these days, and it won't affect your console.  If you
don't have hard or soft display controls, you can Google that topic.

--
Dr. Ed Morbius
Chief Scientist