Re: [squeeze] Can't run KDE apps as root (Alt+F2)

On 01/27/2011 02:58 PM, S D wrote:
--- On Thu, 1/27/11, godo<goran@dobosevic.com>  wrote:

No in that way.

Thanks for checking that out. Strange. Not sure why it no longer works. Used to in Lenny. Bug?

I never use it that way but I'm notice something else if I start in terminal like 'su' i get this:

# /usr/bin/dolphin
<unknown program name>(12433)/: KUniqueApplication: Cannot find the D-Bus session server: "Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken."

<unknown program name>(12432)/: KUniqueApplication: Pipe closed unexpectedly.

I don't understand why is it possible only one way and not two other?

kwrite:
# kwrite
kwrite(13210): Session bus not found

KCrash: Application 'kwrite' crashing...
sock_file=/root/.kde/socket-mxbox/kdeinit4__0

[1]+  Stopped                 kwrite
# gvim work
# gimp work

Gvim work in your way also (ALT+2, different user, root)

Looks like some problem with KDE app only.
--
Bye,
Goran Dobosevic