Re: Why are my emails not making it to the list?

On 26/01/11 22:01, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Mi, 26 ian 11, 21:37:26, Neil Youngman wrote:
>> On Wednesday 26 Jan 2011 20:52:34 elbbit wrote:
>>> I have replied to several threads now, but my emails are not appearing?
>>>
>>> According to the mailman page I am supposed to receive my own copies.
>>> Did I miss something?  Do I need to RTFM somewhere?
>>
>> I believe it's a Gmail feature the inbound copy of the message is discarded
>> because it already has a copy in the sent folder.
>
> Yes, I've been working around that "feature" by receiving all list mail
> to a different account.
>
> Regards,
> Andrei
Many thanks to all who replied.  I appreciate you taking the time.

It is moderately annoying as I use my Gmail account with POP3, set to
download and remove all messages from the server.  I am also using the
Gmail SMTP server, and it appears that mail sent goes to the webmail's
Sent folder - and there is no option in the Gmail interface to disable
Google saving a copy when I deliver mail via SMTP.

--

elbbit