Re: need help making shell script use two CPUs/cores

Stan Hoeppner <stan@hardwarefreak.com> writes:

>         Now we have 4 CPUs on two memory channels.  If not for caches, you'd see
> no speedup past 2 Imagemagick processes.  Which is pretty much the behavior
> identified by another OP with an Athlon II x4 system--almost zeo speedup from 2
> to 4 processes.

I think you are referring to the data that I posted for my Athlon II x4
system, but that is *NOT* what the data showed.  I thought that the data
clearly showed pretty good scaling up to 4 processors, so I don't know
what you are seeing that everybody else is missing.  I will copy some of
the data below, but basically it showed that total time almost cut in
half when it went from 1 to 2 processors, and again when it went from 2
to 4 processors.

Processors      Time (seconds)
P1              66
P2              36