Re: Apache SSL named based virtual hosts

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 01:23:35PM -0700, Bob Proulx wrote:
> In another thread:
> Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> Is there a way to have all of the browsers use starttls
> for https
> and to be able to share virtual hosts with SSL on a single
> IP address?  That would be awesome!  Where can I read about it?  It is
> a feature that I have wanted for a very long time.

When I need to do this, mostly for testing purposes, I create another
ssl-enabled vhost on a different port (same IP), and ensure the CN in
the server cert includes the port, IIRC, httpd didn't like not doing so.
But this is not for named vhosting, but for IP-based vhosting.

HTH.

--
Huella de clave primaria: 0FDA C36F F110 54F4 D42B  D0EB 617D 396C 448B 31EB