Re: inconsistent apt-get output

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 1:43 PM, Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> wrote:

> I suspect Pierre has both Lenny and Squeeze in sources.list, and that
> apt-get somehow stumbles over the fact that gnome-network-admin is a
> real package in Lenny but a virtual package in Squeeze.

Thats an interesting point. I've had stanzas for stable, testing and
unstable (and in a couple of cases, experimental) in my sources.list
for several years, and have never had a problem. Is this
contraindicated? The reason I have done it is that is so I can apt-get
-t <release> install <package> when needed, and for a while it was
often enough that I started including all three releases in
sources.list.

--b