sequence of screenshots?

I want to capture a rotating figure in a window and make a movie of it.
I've Googled several ways to take screenshots with programs (gimp,
shutter, imagemagick, etc.) but have seen no way to do this consistently
every 0.X seconds...

fbcat looked hopeful until I realized that nvidia doesn't seem to have
aan fb device under /dev.

Is there a way to do this?? Thoughts are welcome!

TIA,

Kenward

--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,