can I install Linux to this phone?

I was wondering if it was possible to install a Debian distro to a LG Dare vx9700? If it is possible to install to this device, some step-by-step help would be greatly appreciated. I no longer have service on the phone, and wanted to turn it into a pocket-sized Linux computer. I was also wondering if it was possible to still use the 3G capabilities of the phone to browse the web after such an install, and if the micro-SD card would mount like on a computer.

                          Thanks in advance...