Re: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/rtl8168d-2.fw for module r8169

Am Samstag, 22. Januar 2011 schrieb Joe Riel:
> I just upgraded my system and got the warnings
>
> Processing triggers for initramfs-tools ...
> update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-2.6.32-5-amd64
> W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/rtl8168d-2.fw for module
> r8169 W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/rtl8168d-1.fw for
> module r8169
>
> I then installed firmware-realtek, which provides the missing files.
> Do I need to reconfigure initramfs-tools for this to take effect?
No, a far as I know, the required kernel-modules are searching in /lib/firmware
and load, what they need. However, if you do not trust them, you can do
"update-initramfs -u", which does not do dangerous things.

Good luck!

Hans