Re: Where is the boot/config-`uname -r` file?

Hi,

RR wrote:
The instructions talk about checking params in the boot/config-`uname -r` file which doesn't exist on my system. In fact the /boot directory on my system is empty. How do I get this config file in there? Do I need to install some package like kernel source or something to get it in there? I'm running Debian Lenny 5.0.7 on Sparc x64 BTW

If the /boot directory is empty, then it is likely to be just the mount point and you haven't mounted the /boot partition there for some reason.

You can have /boot within the / (root) partition or you can have a separate partition for it. You probably have the latter, just mount it.

--
Kind Regards
AndrewM

Andrew McGlashan