Re: Netgear WG111 USB wifi adapter works with squeeze / gnome

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 03:23:49PM EST, Celejar wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Dec 2010 20:10:07 -0800
> Peter Tenenbaum <peter.g.tenenbaum@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I recently had to add wifi to my squeeze / gnome desktop.  Based on some
> > reviews I bought a Netgear WG111 USB wifi adapter, and I found that when I
> > plugged it into a USB port on my desktop it worked instantly -- no
> > configuration or package installation necessary.
> >
> > Is there a repository where these sorts of success stories are tracked?
>
> A bit late, but FTR:
>
> http://linux-wless.passys.nl/>
>
> A great resource.

A bit puzzled about the disclaimer, though:

‘This list doesn't specify anything about how much of your card is
supported. So a card that only works without encryption is listed the
same as one that also has support for WEP/WPA.’

Not sure I want to donate my bandwidth to any TDH that might sniff my
available presence the minute I cruise along in their neighborhood...

cj