Re: transition from Ubuntu -> Debian to avoid Unity Desktop?

You need to simply try it out.

I don't think Debian will choose Unity instead of Gnome... (I'm
personally very positive of this... but that is only my serious belief)

anyway, I need to consider carefully abandoning Ubuntu. I'm sure they
will keep supporting Gnome.

Nevertheless, I stared a long time ago with RedHat7 (2 years), then
Mandrake, then Fedora, then Mandrake again (3 years), then Ubuntu (2
months) and, for the last 4 years, Debian. And I must say Debian really
rules. But Ubuntu is also very good.

I'dd suggest you try out Debian for some weeks.