Re: transition from Ubuntu -> Debian to avoid Unity Desktop?

On 17 Jan 2011, Wolodja Wentland wrote:

[snip]
> I would like to note that it is easily possible to install *any* desktop
> environment or window manager on Debian (and probably Ubuntu) and that
> you don't have to use the default one. I typically don't install any
> tasks when I install a new system and add additional packages after the
> initial minimal installation.

[snip]

This is one of the main reasons I like Debian - the flexibility one has
in choosing what to install (no desktop at all in my case, just Icewm).
Like you, I use a minimal install and then add packages as required. I
make a list of all the packages I have on my existing system and use
that to remind me of what I will probably use in the new one.

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk