Re: blancing conections

Jesus arteche wrote:
> I have a web application that I want to scale in a cluster like Amazon EC2.
> I have a load balancer and behind several web server (Apache2). My question
> is:
>
> How can I make for the session that is iniciated in webserver 1...will be
> available in webserver 2 cause the load balancer maybe can send the
> conection some times from 1 to 2 or viceversa.

One idea.  Store the session in a cookie (like Rails default cookie
store) so that it is provided by the client with every http request.
There are good things and bad things about using cookie based sessions
however.

One idea.  Store the session in a database that is shared between all
of the web application servers.  There are good things and bad things
about using database based sessions however.

Bob