Re: stardict dictionary packages.

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 07:52:01PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 01:50:39 +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:
>
> > Good day.
>
> It's late afternoon here :-P
>
> > Are in Debian the packages holding dictionaries capable to work w/
> > stardict?
> >
> > I see plenty of dictionaries for dict use, for example, but not for
> > stardict. Or it is almost unusable program in Debian repo - as the
> > interface program w/o the dictionaries seems to me as VCR w/o the tapes.
> > :)
>
> Aren't "dict-freedict-*-*" packages working with Stardict? (just asking
> because I have not tested) :-?
>
> Greetings,

I haven't tried it either but that appears to be the stardict recommendation
as they offer dictd tarballs for installation to /usr/share/stardict/dic
along with others.

http://yeelou.com/huzheng/stardict-dic/

--
Regards,
Freeman

"Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO (or Linux) is the
answer." --Somebody