Re: Re: How to make an upgraded system clean by automatically removing abandoned config files?

On Sex, 14 Jan 2011, Andrew Engelbrecht wrote:
Perhaps 'aptitude search ~c' will fill your needs. It will search for
unused configuration files.

Ok, I tried that, but that command lists deleted packages that left
config files behind; I'm looking for a way to delete abandoned config
files that belonged to packages that have been upgraded.

Just purge the packages which were removed but not purged. To remove all of them in one step,

# aptitude purge '~c'

--
Can anyone remember when the times were not hard, and money not scarce?

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br