Re: maintenance

Dne, 13. 01. 2011 23:12:43 je ghe napisal(a):
On 1/13/11 2:45 PM, Andrei Popescu wrote:

On Jo, 13 ian 11, 14:38:44, Stephen Powell wrote:

The bottom line: NEVER respond to an e-mail from ANYBODY which solicits your userid and password, no matter how legitimate the e-mail seems to be.

I didn't -- that's why I asked here.

And it's also a good idea to not reply to them on debian-user (makes
cleaning the archives impossible) and especially to not quote them, not
even partially (confuses the spam filters).

My way bad. I should have known that. Sorry.

And thanks a lot to all of you for answering my n00b problem. It sorta kinda looked like Debian was maybe using a server on UCLA's net as its MTA. And it sounded like a good idea to use a little SASL on some of the senders to Debian's groups...

--
Glenn English
ghe@slsware.com

This problem is recurring. Maybe it would be wise for the listmaster to add a short notice to the following footer? Something as:
"Please NEVER quote or reply to spam as it confuses the spam filters."