Debug altwin:meta_win under Squeeze

Hello!

	I just came back from a long exile at uncle Gates’ shadowlands.

One thing I always used until one year and a half ago did not work in a Squeeze installation, from before the release candidate these days. I always used XkbOptions altwin:meta_win, so I could have the logo (Windows) key as Meta in GNU Emacs and for navigating Sawfish, leaving Alt for other applications and for user-defined Emacs keybindings.

This time around, an old dream was fulfilled: console-setup now configures both the console and X11 keyboard configurations. Superb. But this configuration did not work in X11, forcing me to use setxkbmap. Other XkbOptions also failed to work, such as compose:rwin, nbsp:level3n.

Worse still, while setxkbmap does work for compose and nbsp, it really messed with altwin:meta_win. The logo keys do behave as Meta, but Alt continues generating Meta. Before someone asks, the same holds for compose:menu and for altwin:left_meta_win, even if I run setup_con or even reboot.

As my Xkb knowledge is totally superficial, and I know nothing of console-setup, I ask:

* Is there a good tutorial or manual on Xkb and on console-setup, and on their interaction?

* Anyway, how to best debug the issue, perhaps even generating a bug report against either console-setup or some X11 package?

Thanks in advance!
begin:vcard
fn;quoted-printable:Leandro DUTRA, Guimar=C3=A3es Faria Corcete
n;quoted-printable:DUTRA, Guimar=C3=A3es Faria Corcete;Leandro
org;quoted-printable;quoted-printable:C=C3=A2mara dos deputados;Centro de Inform=C3=A1tica
email;internet:leandro.gfc.dutra@gmail.com
title;quoted-printable:Analista de Inform=C3=A1tica legislativa
tel;work:+55 (61) 3216 3603
tel;fax:+55 (61) 3216 1505
tel;home:+55 (61) 3546 7191
tel;cell:+55 (11) 9406 7191