Re: Audio from browsers correctly routed (2 audio cards, same box)

On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 01:17:34 -0200, Bruno Buys wrote:

> I just configured a multiseat computer (
> https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Multiseat_configuration)
> using my squeeze machine and help from the pt-debian-users list. Very
> nice, now I can share it with my wife. Everything is working ok, except
> for one detail: I have no idea how to route audio from browsers (ffox
> and chrome playing youtube, for example) to my wife's usb audio dongle.

(...)

To make it short, you could try by setting the USB dongle as the default
sound card for your wife user profile. I would expect (unless there is
any bug around this) that firefox -as well as any other program- outputs
sound to the deafult system device.

You can get some tips on how to get the job done from this doc:

http://alsa.opensrc.org/FAQ026

Greetings,

--
Camaleón