Configuring internet load-balancing through multiple ASPs in debian

Good day dear debian users!

I'd like to broaden my internet access by bringing additional DSL
links to distribute Internet load. So far I've found two methods to do
it in Debian. First via shorewall and second via iproute /
network/interfaces config files.

Both guides say that load-balancing is route based, routes are cached
and connections to the same site will go through the same interface.
This is problematic for me since the reason to increase bandwidth is
to improve experience when working with our remote site. I.e. I have
multiple connections to the same remote IP and I want to distribute
them through several DSL links.

I've also found RATEEST iptables module, but its documentation is rather sparse.

It would be great to hear how do you guys manage IPS load-balancing in
Debian (Squeeze for that matter), especially about the case I
mentioned.

Thank you very much!
--
Zaar