Re: USB key requirement.

> My case is different in the sense that I'm not decrypting my block
> volumes, just halting a boot sequence.

There is something wrong with the setup of your case.

If you are doing a diskless boot from a share ... how could you use a device
(usb or something else) to authenticate before the system has booted? The
idea with the GPG/PGP key is not bad, but it won't help you for the setup
with the USB drive.

Q: Do you have a keyboard and is it desirable to use it on boot time? Or you
want just to plugin and if the right usb is inside the boot will go on. you
can do this after the system has already booted and you can access the usb
from the diskless station.
Q: have you heard of security
dongles "http://www.naturela-bg.com/index.php?categ=&page=itm&lang=en&id=45&pid=&p=";

regards