Re: USB key requirement.

Dan Serban wrote:
So, I'm currently switching my 9 workstations around the house to
diskless boot.  They mount nfs shares that reside on top of an
encrypted raid server.  This is all fine and good.

What is a workstation like?

Hugo

What I'd like to do:

On a specific workstation, on boot, i'd like to require that a specific
usb memory stick be inserted in the system.  ie. one that contains a
key which will allow the boot process to continue.

Can this be done?  If so, what should I use to make it less than easy
to decipher?

Maybe a GPG encoded text file that matches against a plain text one?
(that's insecure)...

I don't know.  Do any of you have any suggestions?