Re: Squeeze. How to set video res to 1366x768 in pure console?

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 3:02 PM, Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> wrote:
> On 2011-01-09 12:50 +0100, Mark Goldshtein wrote:
>
>> Subj.
>> Googling points me to 915_resolution, which is about Intel video. My
>> video is NVIDIA. Please, help to set up native laptop's resolution for
>> console.
>
> Try uvesafb (you need to install v86d for that to work), e.g. like this:
>
> # modprobe uvesafb mode_option=1366x768-32

Thanks for your time and willing to help!

I did that. Switching with Ctrl+Alt+F1 I see six little consoles on
one screen, no 1366x768 native at all. These six little consoles
appear only once, next time it is just a blank screen. Switch back
Ctrl+Alt+F7 works fine, though.

> If that does not work you have to ditch the proprietary driver and
> switch to nouveau for a nice console.

It is preferable for me to stick with NVIDIA driver, because I still
have a hope to play StarCraft II at 1366x768 one day. (There is
another thread here in list about that issue, SC2 in wine plays at
1360x768).

--
Sincerely Yours'
Mark Goldshtein