Re: Squeeze. The system did not bring GUI back after sleep or hibernation.

On Sun, 09 Jan 2011 14:28:51 +0300, Mark Goldshtein wrote:

> I am using Squeeze updated to today's state, standard GNOME environment
> and Lenovo laptop Y450-3M.
>
> $ lspci -k

(...)

> If I close lid or put the system into hibernation state it is never come
> back with a GUI, I mean a standard dialog window to unlock a machine.
> Ctrl+Alt+Fn works fine, I able to enter a pure console and reboot a
> machine but this is not a way it is suppose to be.
>
> I am not sure if this problem is hardware specific, because at my second
> laptop IBM TP R40 the problem looks exactly the same way and it is about
> 7 years between these laptops. May be this is due to some
> misconfiguration or some packages are missed from my install? Power
> config was done by standard GNOME power setting dialog.
>
> Please, help!

"man pm-suspend" will tell you some hints on how to start debugging this.

Basically, you could start by hibernating the machine from command line
(pm-hibernate) and then review the log located at "/var/log/pm-
suspend.log").

Greetings,

--
Camaleón