Re: Is The Hour Nigh?

On Sat, 08 Jan 2011 18:53:32 -0800, freeman wrote:

> After upgrading the base-files package to 6.0 in squeeze:
>
> freeman@Europa:~$ cat /etc/issue.net
> Debian GNU/Linux 6.0
> freeman@Europa:~$ cat /etc/debian_version 6.0
>
> and
>
> http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/2914/screenshotbw.png
>
> Will there be an announcement of squeeze going stable in
> debian-devel-announce, news.debian.org or Debian Project News?  All I am
> seeing is an announcement of updating lenny to 5.0.7 on Debian Project
> News.

We can get some clues from the "base-files" package log:

http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/b/base-files/base-files_6.0/changelog#versionversion5.0

On 2008/12/04 there was a change for the corresponding files and lenny
was finally released on 2009/02/14...

Both, "debian-announce" and "debian-news" mailing lists should publish the
note.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón