ices2 depends upon decnet and changes the ethernet address

Just a word of warning to users running Sid.  I have a test machine
that I am tracking Sid on.  It also happens to have ices2 installed.
It is a test machine and I pull in upgrades daily.  After today's
upgrades it had its ethernet address changed!  That was unexpected.
This caused some minor problems for connecting to it from the network
until the arp cache entries timed out.

    dnet-common libdnet libroar0 muroard
    ... ices2 ...
  17 upgraded, 4 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Changes to the dependency chain of ices2 caused the dnet-common and
libdnet packages to be pulled in new today and they changed the
hardware ethernet address for the network interface to aa:0:4:0:a:4!
Good thing I didn't have two machines with ices2 installed or both
would have had the same hardware ethernet address.  Bug #608807
filed[1].

In case this happens to you let me hint to you that if you know your
actual ethernet address then you can restore it live without
rebooting.  (I always keep track of hardware ethernet addresses. :-)

  ifconfig eth0 hw ether 0:1c:12:34:56:78

Warning: Be careful doing this over the network because it will
disrupt your network connection until the arp cache times out.  If you
are not on the console you may lock yourself out of your network
connection.  You have been warned.

Bob