Re: mkdosfs on usb pendrive

On Mon, 2011-01-03 at 10:43 -0500, Roman Gelfand wrote:
> to create partition...
>
> mkdosfs /dev/sda1

this does not create the partition; this formats an existing partition
as fat.

the problem here is that the pen actually contains a ver small partition
in it (I'm just guessing).

install gparted on your computer and use it to actually get a "map" of
the partition layout of your pen.

I'dd say you need to remove any existing partition on the pen and create
a new partition with the size you want.

only then format it as dos, or ext3, or whatever you need.

gparted will help you with this.

be extra carefull not to touch your internal hard drives. sometimes it
can be confusing.

:)

cheers
joao