Re: File systems' timestamps apparently formatted in a wrong way ...

Albretch Mueller <lbrtchx@gmail.com> wrote:
>~
> ... or ls not properly displaying them in some cases.
>~
 ^ I don’t even want to know what these are doing here…

> but not all timestamps are formatted the same. You get them as, say,
>"Mar 24 2004", but also as "Dec 26 09:55" (without the year!) and they
>are (or seem to be) files in the same directory

The latter is simply a way to get more information in there – if
there’s no year, it either means the current year (i. e. 2011) or the
last 365 days (i. e. January 3rd, 2010 – now). I don’t know which of
these, although I’d guess it is the former again to avoid ambiguities
when dealing with broken file systems.

Best regards,

Claudius
--