Re: insserv + apache2 + bind9 = pain

On Fri December 31 2010 06:32:27 Tom H wrote:
> file-rc's moving towards using dependency-based boot:

It's bad enough that script kiddies insist on breaking things
they don't understand.  But then they abuse the Debian packaging
system by "requiring" instead of "recommending" unnecessary
packages so that people are forced to use their silly hacks.

Oh well.  I'm sure we'll find a way to preserve the many
years of work by Debian Developers that is encoded in the
Snn/Knn values.  The only question is whether it's a clean
on-off switch or whether we have to hack the source.

Here's to freedom and a great insserv-or-not-insserv new year!

--Mike Bird