Re: Scanner recommendations

vr <debian-user@iotk.net> wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a current shipping quality scanner they've bought
> and used with Squeeze? My Google searches return articles from 2000 and
> 2003. I'd like to scan 35mm negatives, slides, some photos and regular
> paper documents.

Have you checked http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html ?

In terms of recommendations, my Epson 2480 is good but it's been
superceded long since. I get good results from current HP multifunction
devices at work (network connections and USB) with the hpjis suite. Since
I'm on holiday I can't tell you the precise model names, but they'll be
pretty recent (within 12-15 months).

Chris