Re: Calendarserver

On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 13:07:35 -0500, Paul Cartwright wrote:

> On 12/30/2010 11:51 AM, Camaleón wrote:
>> Maybe you have to create one with the correct data... let me check the
>> manual (...) yes, it is mentioned there, under "/usr/share/doc/
>> calendarserver/README.Debian". A sample "accounts.xml" file is also
>> included ;-)

> yeah, thanks, but I give up. I read the README, added the accounts.xml &
> sudoers.plist, and yes I "tried" to modify both files, but I am **not**
> a programmer.

Don't give up that fast :-P just patiently read the readme file.

I agree this is not an easy service to be setup by home users but Debian
devels/maintainers make a good job in documenting the packages and giving
some quick steps to put the services up and running.

> now, when I try to restart calendarserver, the errorlog is no longer
> updated, so I have no clue what it is missing. update- now errrorlog
> updating, I changed the wrong KEY field..)
>
> 2010-12-30 12:46:34-0500 [-] [caldav-8008] IOError: [Errno 95] Operation
> not supported: '/var/spool/caldavd'
>
> the caldavd.plist file mentions /var/spool/caldavd/stats.plist but it
> wasn't there, and I don't what what it is supposed to look like.

Check this, maybe this helps:

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/calendarserver-maintainers/2008-April/000090.html

I have to admit that this is the _first time_ I see this program so I am
giving you a very "wild-guess" advice :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón