Re: Installed Debian today.

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 03:32:37PM -0500, Petrus Validus wrote:
> > * unbootable iso images of ubuntu
>
> Maybe there's a problem with your CDs or burning application?

I've seen that problem, too.  Particularly with fairly recent Dell
laptops (last 4 years or so).  It would boot if I left it running long
enough, but it literally took 10 minutes or more to boot.  The CDROM
would spin up and light every few seconds, for about a half of a second.

I saw the same issue on a Debian Live Squeeze CD about a year ago, but
to me that's forgiveable, since it is "testing".

-Rob